Hello,

If the segfault through terminal can be reliably reproduced, you might run
strace.  The strace utility will show you lots of details about files being
opened, system calls, and so on.

This tutorial seems ok at introductory strace, which might be enough to get
your further.  Once you have the files or library calls, that might lead you to
what to downgrade on the system.

https://www.thegeekstuff.com/2011/11/strace-examples/

Hope this helps.

Steve