Thank you Fred and David.  You have both been most helpful. One other quick
question while I'm thinking about music libraries.  Is there a way to use a
spreadsheet of music library data (talktime, segue points, hooks etc) with a
Rivendell library?  For instance the data provided by Charlie Davy
(http://www.charliedavy.co.uk/music-library/) and others.  It would be useful
to take out some of the grunt work from setting up a library. Thanks Andy ----
On Fri, 02 Nov 2018 16:03:39 +0000 David Klann <dkl...@linux.com> wrote ---- On
11/2/18 10:40 AM, Andy Higginson wrote: > Hi, > > I've been asked to look at
the options of exporting a range of audio > cuts from one library and then
importing them into a different stand > alone machine.  The export and import
would need to include a full set > of meta data, including all of the talk
times, segues etc.  It would > however be a part of the library, and not the
whole library.  Should > this be done using rdexport/rdimport or should
rivendell_filter be used? > > If using rdexport/rdimport, does some kindly soul
have the correct > command line syntax that I should be using for this? > Hi
Andy, I have not yet found a need to use rivendell_filter, but I *have* used
(something like): rdexport --xml --format=FLAC --carts=START1:END1
--carts=START2:END2 /tmp/foo (where /tmp/foo is the directory that will hold
the FLAC and XML files) to export multiple, contiguous ranges of carts. The use
of the "--xml" switch enables rdexport to save pretty much all of the metadata
(including markers) in XML files next to the FLAC files (same output
directory). I have also imported those previously-exported files into a
different Rivendell instance. My experience has been that the GROUP and CART
number in the XML files are ignored when using `rdimport --xml ...`. There may
be a switch I'm missing to force use of those specific XML values, but it has
not been a problem for me... Hope this helps! ~David Klann