On Fri, 2019-03-29 at 20:09 -0300, Yitzhak B. Solórzano wrote:
> Funny, I talked once about JSON on Rivendell; now is part of it...

Yup, I recall...

On Sep 25, 2018, at 12:13, Yitzhak B. Solórzano <betanc...@gmail.com>

On Tue, 2018-09-25 at 12:31 -0400, Fred Gleason wrote:
> No arguments there.
>
> If we were starting the development of the remote API today, it’s
> quite possible that JSON would have been the protocol selected.
> However, the existing XML-based setup has been part of Rivendell for
> years, is a publicly declared and stable API, and is relied upon by
> multiple third-party client applications.

So, when designing the new PAD system for Rivendell 3.x (where we had
no legacy investment in XML), JSON was the natural choice. Thank you
for the good advice!

| Frederick F. Gleason, Jr. |             Chief Developer             |
|                           |             Paravel Systems             |
|   ... all the good computer designs are bootlegged; the formally    |
|   designed ones, if they are built at all, are dogs!                |
|                                      -- David E. Lundstrom          |
|                                      "A Few Good Men from Univac"   |