Gabriele & David

the tinc VPN server is 'piggy in the middle' and is the interface between the
local network on which the RD Server runs [as a tinc client] and the internet.
The Client connects to the RD server with the tinc server managing the
connections. I did not want to run the tinc server software on the RD server
which I call 'Master' so it is an internal Client on the tinc.
To my surprise the whole thing 'just runs' but in setting up the MySQL access
[following the wiki] I have removed root access on the RD Master server. rduser
works but root access has been removed in the process which affects a number of
scripts I use to deliver information to a couple of remote stations.

Just working on how to get root access back on the server.
RD Library works as does RD Log Manager & Edit. The distant client can load audio via Rip CD.

There is a network lag of 12ms which does not appear to be bothering anything.

I am running the lot from a remote desktop at home over a not so fast ADSL

David, I am not needing any of Catch & Macro at the distant client. Essentially
it's a Clock manager, Voice Tracker, and library curation node.

regards
Robert