I don't generally use the Rivendell dropbox feature; instead, I monitor dropboxes with a Perl script that invokes rdimport.

I do this for two reasons:

1) The script is set up to move any file that cannot be imported (for instance, an Adobe Audition .pk file) into a 'bad' folder; and

2) The script maintains a detailed log of every file that gets imported, so when I get a call from someone who says the news that just ran was yesterday's news, I can look at the log and establish when the file was imported.

Rob

--
Сквозь грозы сияло нам солнце свободы
И Linus великий нам путь озарил;