Hey Rob,

More details: you *could* do:

  sudo rpm --erase --no-deps hpklinux

I'm not completely sure how CentOS will behave when you next do a "yum
upgrade" and there is also a Rivendell upgrade. I believe yum will simply re-
install the hpklinux package, and you'll have to remove it again. Or the alsa-
firmware package will conflict with the upgrade and you'll have to do
something like "yum upgrade --skip-broken" to get it to install. Either way,
it will probably require on-going attention over the life of the system...

Hope this helps!

  ~David Klann