On Mon, 2019-12-23 at 11:53 -0500, Fred Gleason wrote:
> On Dec 20, 2019, at 20:06, Robert Jeffares <jeffares.rob...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > I have found that wildcards don't always work in RDCatch
>
> Hi Robert:
>
> When this occurs, please consider going to:
>
>       https://github.com/ElvishArtisan/rivendell/issues <
> https://github.com/ElvishArtisan/rivendell/issues>
>
> and opening an issue to report it. Hopefully, we can make the need for add-
> on scripts go away!

Hi Fred,

Are you saying that RDCatch might someday be capable of downloading arbitrary
audio files using something like RSS links? I ask because I've written a
Rivendell add-on that allows users to specify a bunch of RSS feeds to watch,
and (using cron) poll those URLs for new content (usually hourly), and
download the audio files to matching Rivendell dropboxes. I've been recently
thinking about how this might be more tightly integrated into Rivendell
proper. The most likely place seems to be RDCatch.

I'm not asking for you to do this (though I *will* go add an enhancement
request to the github Issues), more looking for input on where and how it
might be implemented.

Thanks!

  ~David