On Dec 23, 2019, at 12:02, David Klann <dkl...@linux.com> wrote:

> Are you saying that RDCatch might someday be capable of downloading arbitrary
> audio files using something like RSS links? I ask because I've written a
> Rivendell add-on that allows users to specify a bunch of RSS feeds to watch,
> and (using cron) poll those URLs for new content (usually hourly), and
> download the audio files to matching Rivendell dropboxes. I've been recently
> thinking about how this might be more tightly integrated into Rivendell
> proper. The most likely place seems to be RDCatch.

It’s unlikely that this functionality will ever exist in rdcatch(1), mostly
because that module has a baked-in assumption that all audio operations are
‘one-to-one’ —e.g. a Download comes from exactly one source file and is
transferred to exactly one cart/cut destination.

However, this sort of thing could fit well as a dropbox capability, as
dropboxes *do* know how to deal with a ‘many-to-many’ world. In this case,
instead of a Path Spec, we could take a URL that references an RSS object.
Disposition of the referenced RSS enclosures could be handled just like any
other dropbox setup.

Anything else I’m missing?

| Frederick F. Gleason, Jr. |             Chief Developer             |
|                           |             Paravel Systems             |
|         A room without books is like a body without a soul.         |
|                                                         -- Cicero   |