From: rivendell-dev-boun...@lists.rivendellaudio.org
<rivendell-dev-boun...@lists.rivendellaudio.org> on behalf of Lorne Tyndale
<ltynd...@tyndaleweb.com>
Sent: Friday, January 10, 2020 8:46:55 PM
To: rivendell-dev@lists.rivendellaudio.org
<rivendell-dev@lists.rivendellaudio.org>
Subject: Re: [RDD] Jack connection how to needed

Mike,

Hopefully Drew can help you out.  The big trick with Jack is that Jack
and all of the clients interacting with Jack need to be running as the
same user.  The Rivendell daemons on a standard setup run as root, so in
order for Jack to be able to see Rivendell when you have Rivendell start
jack, it'll start as root - the same user that the daemons run as.

The issue is when you're running your other Jack clients (BUTT, Darkice,
etc) they're probably being run as the logged in user, so they won't see
Jack running.

In the Rivendell Jack settings under RDAdmin --> Hosts --> Jack settings
there's the option to start up additional Jack clients.  This is what
you'll want to use to start your clients - that way Jack, Rivendell, and
all the clients will be started as the same user, and they should all be
able to see each other.

Then build a macro to create connections between all your jack
inputs/outputs.

Lorne Tyndale