Hey drew,

On Mon, 2020-01-20 at 18:02 -0500, drew Roberts wrote:
> I am trying to help someone get 3.x up and running properly.
>
> This is my first working exposure to 3.x so I am on a bit of a learning
> curve.
>
> The latest issue is that for the last couple of nights, the log chain does
> not seem to have worked.
>
> rdlogmanager shows a log chain as a segue at the end of yesterday's log.
>
> there are operations log files in /var/log/rivendell...
>
> what words/strings would I give to grep in trying to look for helpful
> evidence as to what may be going on? Are these the correct logs to go
> searching in or are there others I need to look in?

Here's what I see on CentOS 7 and Rivendell 3.2.0 with the command "sudo
journalctl --since '2020-01-20 23:45'"

Jan 20 23:50:44 rd01.omm rdairplay[1960]: log engine: chained to log: Line:
586  Log: A20200121

That line contains several variable items that will not match any other
system, so here's what I would do to search for the chain event:

sudo journalctl -b _COMM=rdairplay | grep chained

You should see similar entries in /var/log/messages*. I do not see anything
similar in the files in /var/log/rivendell.

Hope this helps!

  ~David Klann