On Mo, 20 Jan 2020 18:02:08 -0500
drew Roberts <zotz...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Subject: [RDD] Troubleshoot log chaining issues v3.x
>
> The latest issue is that for the last couple of nights, the log chain
> does not seem to have worked.
>
> rdlogmanager shows a log chain as a segue at the end of yesterday's
> log. <

  I'm inferring an awful lot here, but the most common problem with log
chains that I've seen is assigning a hard time to them.  It seems like
your problem is sporadic, which further reinforces the guess that this
is the problem.  Since you don't say that it completes a chain, but to
the wrong day, but imply it doesn't complete a log chain at all, I'm
also guessing you don't have logs prepared more than a day in advance.

  What often happens is a hard-timed log chain will actually advance to
the next day, but immediately execute the NEXT day's hard-timed log
chain, and if logs are prepared only one day in advance, there is no
log to chain to after that, so it stops.

  For a more complete explanation, see

http://caspian.paravelsystems.com/pipermail/rivendell-dev/2016-September/024894.html

  Hope this is it, as it's an easy fix.

--Regards, Chuck