From: dkl...@linux.com
Sent: 5 March 2020 12:36
To: andy.coop...@gmail.com; dj.chuc...@googlemail.com;
rivendell-dev@lists.rivendellaudio.org
Reply to: dkl...@linux.com
Subject: Re: [RDD] How do I create an event with one music cart and a segue
transition?

Hey Folks,

tl;dr: check the default transition types in RDAirPlay and RDLogEdit.

On Thu, 2020-03-05 at 08:20 +0000, Andy Cooper wrote:
> Ok, It's a new day now here in the UK, so I'll be back at trying to get
> Rivendell working as a server and client setup this afternoon.
>
> I agree entirely with Chuck. I'm also trying to make every cart have a segue
> transition to keep things nice and tight on air. But with Rivendell v3 that
> doesn't appear to be possible.

I too concur with Chuck's thought -- not sure why Segue transition is an
option. Maybe simply Rivendell's historical "baggage"?

> My concern as someone looking to select a playout system for a new station,
> is that there could be other bugs in v3. So should I be installing v2, or
> even something totally different instead?

Have you checked the default transition types in RDAirPlay and RDLogEdit
(RDAdmin->Manage Hosts->[hostname]->{RDLogEdit,RDAirPlay} ?

It's not clear to me that these settings have an effect on creating or editing
Events in RDLogManager (that is, I haven't looked at the source code), but I
fiddled with default settings. With the defaults set to "Segue" I can create a
new Event (on version 3.2.1) and the Segue transition was available (not
greyed out) for "Imported carts have a" setting. Then I changed the defaults
to "Play" and the "Import carts have a" setting was greyed out.

So I recommend checking and/or changing the defaults as another attempt to
make "Segue" available when creating an Event.

Hope this helps!

  ~David Klann