I'm stuck.

I have two (nearly) identical systems sharing a database and NFS audio store. Both are on HP hardware (HP Compaq 8200 Elite SFF PC), same on-board audio card, same version of Rivendell (3.3.0), same kernel (3.10.0-1062.9.1.el7.paravel0.x86_64), same "yum update" level.

Everything works fine on one of the systems. On the other, the "audio cursor" (in RDLibrary->Edit Markers) and the VU meters (in all the Rivendell apps) do not work. The Rivendell apps (RDLibrary, RDAirPlay, etc.) actually make sound, but the visual indicators are silent.

I've checked RDAlsaConfig (actually cleaned it out and started over).

The output of "sudo alsa-info" on the working and on the non-working machines are very close to identical: they differ mainly in addresses and interrupt settings.

Has anyone seen this behavior? Can you suggest other things to look at?

Thanks much!

  ~David Klann