Yes I tried rdalsaconfig under root. Only my main card the M-audio shows,
but not the USB mic.
I'm thinking as this is not a "full" card only a recording device it
probably requires a manual add.... And I know ALSA sees the USB mic as
running arecord -l shows it as an available recording device.

Andrew