Hey Andrew,

On 7/30/20 7:14 AM, you replied:
> Yes I tried rdalsaconfig under root. Only my main card the M-audio
> shows, but not the USB mic.
> I'm thinking as this is not a "full" card only a recording device it
> probably requires a manual add.... And I know ALSA sees the USB mic as
> running arecord -l shows it as an available recording device.

Check the contents of the directory /proc/asound/card? where "?"
represents the ALSA device number you see with `arecord -l`. If that
directory is missing a pcm0p subdirectory, then I think (from looking at
the source code in utils/rdalsaconfig/) Rivendell won't recognize its
presence. Also check for a file in that directory named "usbmixer". Code
in utils/rdalsaconfig/rdalsacard.cpp leads me to think that Rivendell
will ignore it if the sound device doesn't have an on-board mixer

I've got a Yeti Blue USB mic here and Rivendell sees it just fine. But
since it has a headphone jack, I guess it presents a playback channel to
ALSA... Maybe your mic doesn't have any playback capability at all?

The code in utils/rdalsaconfig/ looks like it is also restricting it's
"lookup" of ALSA devices to ones that support the currently selected
sample rate (RDAdmin->System Settings). So rdalsaconfig might not see
your device if it doesn't support the current rate?

I didn't study too deeply, but these are some hunches from just glancing
at the code. Maybe someone better acquainted with the code can verify?

   ~David Klann