I don't have a /dev/udp in either my Ubuntu (20.04) nor Centos 6.8 (old box)

While what I'm going to suggest fixed another problem with permissions, I'll
toss it out here, knowing there are many smarter people reading this thread:

I had issues with access to the serial ports /dev/ttyUSBx ...   I added the
"dialout" group to the rduser.   Which resolved my issues.   As I don't have a
"/dev/udp" to study under a microscope, I can blindly suggest

ll /dev/udp

see what group it is affiliated with and

usermod -a -G groupname username

If /dev/udp is some executable binary and if you feel brave enough to set the
sticky bit

chmod 4755 /dev/udp

I'm also still running 2.19.3 here ...

I have been reading your progress on the migration to 3.4.x and switching from
Ubuntu to CentOS 7, I appreciate your notes and comments as you progress thru
the challenge.   If you continue to beat up on it, eventually it just might
work :-)

Thru the Ethernet, past the Gateway, off the modem pool, nothing but NET .

mailto:k...@ka0wuc.org

---- On Fri, 23 Oct 2020 12:49:32 -0600 Tim Camp <t...@dotcom1.net> wrote ----

Greetings,

New install on CentOS 7 of Rivendell 3.4.1

This is day number two of trying every possible thing I can think of as to why
this doesn't work.

Things I have tried.

1. various settings for RNRmlOwner

rd rivendell

root root

rd users

rd rd

2. paths

RN with full path

RN without full path

changing $PATH

3. Running env

running the scripts with sh

running in bash

Am I missing something?

These scripts contain commands to control our consoles

which turn on channels, route audio, mute channels, etc

The scripts send data via udp to the console using /dev/udp

I have not had a problem with then in version 2.*

The scripts run fine in terminal as any user.

Thanks for any thoughts or help on this.

Tim Camp

WZEW-FM

Mobile, Al.