On Dec 17, 2020, at 18:34, wa7skg <wa7...@wa7skg.com> wrote:

> Well, rdimport worked fine for me for a bunch of mp3 files. However, I have
> another 450+ .ogg files. Unfortunately, the filenames are all numbers, like
> 10005-03, 10005-18, 10015-08, 10015-10, etc. I can open these in MediaPlayer,
> Audacity, etc. and see the metadata with name and artist, etc. but the
> metadata does not import into Rivendell like it did with the mp3 files.

Metadata on the Ogg-based formats have always been a bit ‘wild west’, with no
recognized standard schema. Hence, Rivendell doesn’t even try to use it. If you
have the data in some external form —e.g. spreadsheet, CSV file, etc — you can
script rdimport(1) to utilize it. See the audio importers at:

        https://github.com/ElvishArtisan/rivendell-importers

for some possible approaches.

| Frederick F. Gleason, Jr. |             Chief Developer             |
|                           |             Paravel Systems             |
|         A room without books is like a body without a soul.         |
|                                                         -- Cicero   |