Hi Michael

sndfile-metadata-get somefile.ogg > sometextfile.txt

in a shell script will give you the metadata in a file you can import back as Artist Title and whatever else you want into an array.

the put the varius bits in an rdimport line as --set-string-field=string options

for

from the beginning of the list to the end

do

read the metadata into a text file

read the text file to get desired data

$1 $2 $3 etc

redimport --verbose --set-string-artist=$whichever one is artist --set-string-title=$whichever one is title GROUP $filename.ogg

You can put in any number of options man rdimport tells all.

I would copy the files into a directory somewhere and use -- delete-source then the ones left over are the ones you are going to have to manually import

if your bash script fu is not that great send me an email with a copy of one file and i will bash something out.

command line is your very powerful frend.

regards

Robert