On 2/11/21 21:54, wa7skg wrote:

> Sorry, no joy.
>
> I can't get RDCatch to work for me over SSH right now.
>
> I'm trying this initially using curl from cli.
>
> curl -u u...@host.com:password  ftps://hostname.com/path/program.mp3
>
> I get the error
>
> curl: (7) Failed connect to hostname.com:990; Connection timed out
>
> when I try normally.  If I try specifying the port
>
> curl -u u...@host.com:password  ftps://hostname.com:21/path/program.mp3
>
> I get
>
> curl: (35) I/O operation timed out
>
> I think there is more to it than just specifying the port between
> implicit and explicit.

Well, that's a reasonable troubleshooting approach. If you can't make
the curl CLI do it, then you certainly won't be able to do it in
RDCatch. Maybe the curl manual page has more to say about this?

Otherwise, I suggest capturing the traffic with tcpdump(1) or tshark(1)
and then analyzing it in wireshark(1). At least that way you can get a
clue as to why the remote end isn't playing nicely...

This is part of why Rivendell has supported SFTP for a long time, and
has not supported FTPS until just recently: FTPS is a huge worm pile and
the "standards" (RFC's) are not all that helpful.

   ~David Klann