Hi all,

In following the directions for the new build, everything went smoothly,
until one of the Final Details:

Set the MariaDB administrator password with the following command
(substitute your password for *pwd*):

*echo "SET PASSWORD FOR root@localhost = PASSWORD('pwd');" | mysql -u root*
On my *Server* machine this step appears to work with no problem.

However, on my *Client* machine, I get this error:

ERROR 2002 (HY000): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket
'/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)

Do I not need to do this step on the Client machine??

I ask this because even though the step produced an error, the Client
machine is happily playing a log from the database I restored on the
Server.

Please any thoughts or encouragements?!

Thank you, all!
Angelena