Hi list! ... I'm blowing my mind out of this, pretty standard radio
automation feature (AFAIK systems): A continuous, segmented, in 'Library' ,
recording of aired audio as means of 'legal copy' To my knowledge, this is
a 'pro' feature on automation systems, and not all or 'lite' versions lack
it and depend on an external tool for the task... My bet is Rivendell can
do it!

Rivendell has no dedicated continuous / legal copy GUI module, OK, but has
a dedicated record event in RDCatch that can also be triggered by RML,
also there are host variables to play with ... Sure, I can do this
'externally' using many approaches: cron/systemd timers ,
ffmpeg/liquidsoap/rotter , Dropbox/rdimport ... but, I guess, there has to
be an elegant way of doing this using Rivendells modules, since, usually,
users are not system programmers.

What puzzles me (maybe I'm really missing something big!) is that recording
within RDCatch/RML implies having an already created cart/cut... no way of
targeting a cart and let cuts be spawned there, but, even If I use a cart
for every piece of recording, I need to have a card for it... Sure, this
could, theoretically be achieved 'brute forcibly' , I mean, having let's
say, one year of hourly cart/cuts pre-created, and the corresponding
monstrous amount of rdcatch events manually created, but that wouldn't be
neither clever nor elegant! ... How are you approaching these guys?

Can I add some 'logic' or expression within RML to dynamically target a
certain cart/cut? How could I, for a very simple example, tell Rivendell to
maintain 365 carts with 24 cuts each of recordings?  or is it that, simply,
Legal Copy / 'Logger' feature was (is) outside business logic on
Rivendell's design?

Best regrads!!