Hi Michael,

On 9/18/21 11:22, wa7skg wrote:
Rivendell 3.5.0, CestOS 7.

I am still having problems with mounting /var/snd on reboot.

I have tried many variations of fstab entries, systemd stuff, and the
[AudioStore]. Nothing seems to work.

I've had great success using the auto-mount system for /var/snd (as well
as other directories).

Here's an excerpt from the messages file:

Sep 18 09:00:40 khrb-rd2 systemd: Configuration file
/etc/systemd/system/var-snd.mount is marked executable. Please remove
executable permission bits. Proceeding anyway.
Sep 18 09:00:40 khrb-rd2 systemd: Found ordering cycle on
nfs-server.service/start
Sep 18 09:00:40 khrb-rd2 systemd: Found dependency on var-snd.mount/start
Sep 18 09:00:40 khrb-rd2 systemd: Found dependency on
nfs-server.service/start
Sep 18 09:00:40 khrb-rd2 systemd: Breaking ordering cycle by deleting
job var-snd.mount/start
Sep 18 09:00:40 khrb-rd2 systemd: Job var-snd
.mount/start deleted to
break ordering cycle starting with nfs-server.service/start

I tried using /etc/fstab and also systemd to mount /var/snd, but, like
you none of the techniques were reliable. I've settled on using the
systemd-controlled autofs.service to perform mounting of /var/snd.

I removed the executable bits from /etc/systemd/system/var-snd.mount and
no longer get that warning, however it still does not mount on reboot.
This has really caused us some issues when someone used the computer and
/var/snd was not mounted. Carts were created but were only stored on the
local drive. Then they did not air from the main on air machine.

Further ideas on getting /var/snd to mount the remote folder on reboot
would be greatly appreciated.

Here's my autofs setup (pretty much straight from the
"Fred-Gleason-recommended" way to do it):

 - ensure /var/snd exists and contains no files or subdirectories. On
   all the systems I work on
this directory looks something like this
   with "ls -ld /var/snd":

drwxrwxr-x. 4 rivendell rivendell 196608 Sep 18 14:30 /var/snd

 - /etc/auto.master - make sure it includes the line

+dir:/etc/auto.master.d

   I believe that line is in the file by default.

 - /etc/auto.master.d/rd.audiostore.autofs - make sure this file exists
   and contains at least the line:

/-      /etc/auto.rd.audiostore

 - /etc/auto.rd.audiostore - this is the final piece: make sure this
   file includes the line:

/var/snd        -fstype=nfs,rw,noexec   192.168.0.254:/var/snd

   Adjust the IP address for your installation.

On the systems I work with the "whitespace" in all the autofs
configuration files are <Tab> characters. I'm not sure it matters
whether you use <Tab> or <Space> characters.

After creating and editing any of the autofs configuration files,
refresh the service daemon with "sudo systemctl reload-or-restart
autofs.service".

Now anytime a process attempts t
o access a file in /var/snd the autofs
system will ensure it is mounted.

Hope this helps!

  ~David Klann

--
73,
Michael WA7SKG

"Any day you do not learn one new thing is a wasted day."