On Nov 30, 2021, at 16:59, Jason McMullan <programcoordina...@whus.org> wrote:

> I'm on Rivendell 3.6.2, is there information on the default samba
> configuration somewhere in the ops and admin guide or somewhere else? I think
> I need to make some changes but I don't want to break anything. I believe
> it's currently running the configuration that comes with a new install of
> Rivendell.

If you used the standard Paravel installer, then there should be five CIFS
shares configured by default. They are:

\\COMPUTERNAME\rd_xfer <smb://COMPUTERNAME/rd_xfer>                     Local
path:     /home/rd/rd_xfer
\\COMPUTERNAME\music_export <smb://COMPUTERNAME/music_export>           Local
path:     /home/rd/music_export
\\COMPUTERNAME\music_import <smb://COMPUTERNAME/music_export>           Local
path:     /home/rd/music_import
\\COMPUTERNAME\traffic_export <smb://COMPUTERNAME/music_export>         Local
path:     /home/rd/traffic_export
\\COMPUTERNAME\traffic_import <smb://COMPUTERNAME/music_export>         Local
path:     /home/rd/traffic_import

By default, all of these are configured to be part of the ‘RIVENDELL’ workgroup
and be accessible to the ‘guest’ user. That can be changed by modifying the
settings in ‘/etc/samba/smb.conf’ (the standard Samba configuration file).

| Frederick F. Gleason, Jr. |             Chief Developer             |
|                           |             Paravel Systems             |
|         A room without books is like a body without a soul.         |
|                                                         -- Cicero   |