Dear listmembers.

I found a wrong information in the config file of rkhunter 1.3.0.
Thought I would post it so ppl after me will be guided right.

I run FreeBSD 6.2-RELEASE and in the rkhunter.conf the information
regarding HASH_FLD_IDX says:

...<snap>
The default value is one, but for *BSD users
rkhunter will automatically use a value of 4.
<snap>...

On FreeBSD 6.2, 'man cksum' says:

...<snap>
The cksum utility writes to the standard output three whitespace sepa-
rated fields for each input file. These fields are a checksum CRC, the
total number of octets in the file and the file name.
<snap>...

So for FreeBSD 6.2-Release the HASH_FLD_IDX should be set to 1, *not*
4 as the info in config file says.

--
/Peo