> > Running a desktop pc and a Lenovo laptop, both running Debian 6 and
> > rkhunter 1.3.6-4. On the desk top I get daily mail from root showing
> > 2 false positives. On the laptop I get no daily mail. Thinking I had
> > missed something in the rkhunter.conf file I copied the one from the
> > desktop. No joy. Any ideas/pointers appreciated.
>
> Then your mail from the rkhunter process on the laptop isn't getting
> through.
>
> If you're sure that rkhunter *is* actually running on the laptop,
> check the MAIL-ON-WARNING and MAIL_CMD entries in rkhunter.conf and go
> from there.

Both entries are identical on the two computers. They should be. As I said
on my original post, I copied the file from the pc, where it was working to
the laptop.

I assume rkhunter is running on the laptop as "rkhunter --check" works.
If I'm wrong, please correct me.

--
Bob Holtzman
If you think you're getting free lunch, check the price of the beer.

I actually had to drop the cron jobs on my system, and call rkhunter from a
bash script, which is then run from cron.

I don't know why, and since the solution is simple enough, I'm not bothering
to find out why it doesn't work.

Anyhow, take a look at /var/log/rkhunter.log, if you don't see the date at
the top corresponding with when you set it to run in cron, it's not running.

Nick