Hi,

I'll also contact MPeye (and hope that someone
there speaks english or can decipher computer-translated korean) and
see if they're willing to cooperate.
I can do that for you... I don't have the device myself... but I would love to help with this port. We can suggest them to start selling it in Europe with rockbox as an option, that might make it sell way better.

If they are, what should I ask them for?  The procedure for making a
new firmware image and bootloader information are two big items,
anything else?
Hardware info (they might know more than we can see).
The firmware code would be nice, but we don't need it... It's just handy to take a look at it some times.

And if they do want to sell it claiming a "rockbox player" then I guess they'll have to do support for it too.. but that's far far away from now.

Tomas