We don't use malloc and free in Rockbox. Allocate whatever memory you need with static buffers.

Those two buffer sizes are unknown at compile time: one I can talk to David about, the other because I was anticipating packing to various formats, eg. 8bit. I guess I could statically allocate the max. possible size but this seems wasteful.

Codecs uses IRAM and the Rockbox core itself uses IRAM. You're probably trying to link the Wavpack library to the Rockbox core,

I added the Wavpack source files to the firmware, yes.

Like I said above, the Wavpack code uses IRAM in places.

Where? I can't see any IDATA_ATTR - is there anything else that declares or implies IRAM use?
--
gl