On Wed, 2006-02-15 at 16:11 +0000, gl wrote:
> Can somebody give me a rundown on the best way to add new settings?
>
> Specifically:
>
> - where should I add them in the various structs - eg. is it important to
> add them at the end for persistence compatibility?

Look in apps/settings.h. It contains a giant struct containing all the
global config values. Note that order is significant.

> - where are they persisted (hd sector? config file?) and which type of
> settings should end up where?

There is a raw HDD config block where the config struct is dumped. It
must be read back in the same order it was written.

(disclaimer: I'm a noob when it comes to the rockbox source)

bk