Look in apps/settings.h. It contains a giant struct containing all the
global config values. Note that order is significant.

Thanks, but it looks like the order in 'global_settings' doesn't matter, only the order in 'hd_bits' (correct me if I'm wrong).

There is a config-block-version-counter somewhere as well that only
needs to be updated if the order is changed.
If you add some settings <>, you don't break compatibility, so don't touch it.

<at the bottom> check.

There is a raw HDD config block where the config struct is dumped. It
must be read back in the same order it was written.

Check.

(disclaimer: I'm a noob when it comes to the rockbox source)
/me too

me three.
--
gl