On 9/11/07, Ray Lambert <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> For my part, I am strongly against "TiVo-ization" and I believe that if
> the GPLv3 DRM provisions prevent someone from taking our code and
> "TiVo-izing" it without our knowledge or input, then I don't think that's
> a bad thing.

There are no small number of us that have discussed this area in IRC -
and I think it needs to be said it's a bit of a hot potato. There's a
very definite split on peoples views here. I personally am NOT against
Tivoisation, and there are others who feel the same. It's been pointed
out and that were a company to do this with the Rockbox code, it would
in fact be a port that's already 90% done, and all we'd then have to
do is work out how to get round the "being unable to update the device
unofficially" bit. We'd STILL get the code contributions back from
whoever tried to do this - and in my mind at least, that benefits
Rockbox the project enormously.

Bryan