Hi,

There is this patch I intend to commit which touches file browsing, menus
and option selection. It's FS#7774 +7775: it adds a voice callback to
gui_synclist. Advantages are:

-Improved hover delay mechanism that applies in any list: response time
on voicing .talk clips is much improved, and quickly moving through
directories, menus or option lists should be a bit smoother.

-Code is more uniform and significant cleanups were made in tree.c and
menu.c.

I remember someone once actually wanting to increase the hover delay, and
saying there was some kind of issue with the iPod clickwheel. So it would
be helpful if someone could try out this patch with a clickwheel, and/or
tell me of any issue I might be missing.

The patch was tested on e200, X5, and I believe someone tried it on one
of the iRiver models.

I'll give it a few days, and commit this if no major issue turns up.

Thanks

--
Stéphane Doyon
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>