On Sun, Aug 31, 2008 at 3:05 AM, Magnus Holmgren <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Joseph Garvin wrote:
>
>  To shrink my plugin size I'm trying to convert my sound samples to be
>> 22050hz instead of 44100. But when I do this the sound always plays too fast
>> like a chipmunk. I'm calling pcm_set_frequency(22050) but no matter what
>> number I give it (I tested crazy values like 100) I get the same result. It
>> always tries to play at 44100hz. I'm trying on the Sansa e200 simulator. Is
>> this a limitation of the simulator or maybe of the e200? If so it'd be nice
>> to get some sort of console warning.
>>

> pcm_set_frequency sets the frequency of the hardware, but it is usually
> quite limited in what frequencies it supports. Try dsp_configure, using
> DSP_SWITCH_FREQUENCY, to set the frequency. See the mpegplayer audio thread
> for an example.

I tried:

    struct dsp_config* dsp = (struct dsp_config *)rb->dsp_configure(NULL,
DSP_MYDSP,

CODEC_IDX_AUDIO);
    rb->dsp_configure(dsp, DSP_SWITCH_FREQUENCY, 22050);
    rb->pcm_set_frequency(22050);
    rb->pcm_apply_settings();

But this still had no effect, at least in the simulator. Do I need to use
dsp_process somehow? It's unclear to me how it works. I'm still playing the
sound with pcm_play_data.