Karl Kurbjun wrote:

I will just throw in my 2c as well: I agree with Jonathan Gordon.
Having limited reconfigurability of a spare button would not bother me
at all.  As long as the main buttons work as expected I don't see a
real problem with this and it could make the button much more useful
for a variety of people.
Who defines "spare"? What do you tell people when they say "well why isn't this button reconfigurable too? Why can't I reconfigure the secondary functions of all the buttons I don't like? I don't need the pitch screen. I never use the context menu. These are functions the OF didn't have, so I should be able to pick what goes on these buttons too."