Dominik Riebeling wrote:
Now, how should this feature sort? From my point of view, I'd expect it to
- treat digits as numbers. A value of "00" equals to zero and thus
gets sorted before the number 1, regardless if that is "1", "01" or
"001". Completely skipping the zero (as it's only leading zeros) is as
broken as to not strip leading zeros -- "003" should equal to 3 and
"01" to 1, thus the latter sorting before the former.

I totally agree. Leading zeros should be ignored when comparing numbers. It is in my opinion the least surprising way of doing it.

Linus