Hi guys,

(I tried sending this before, but didn't seem work... let's see if my mailing
list settings are OK now. Sorry if I double post)

Several years ago I bought an Archos Recorder V1 and used it happily ever
after. Some time ago I thought of getting an iPod video, but when my laptop
broke down I decided buying an Asus Eee PC. Since that has flash, too, and it's
small, I thought it'd be a nice MP3 player in a backpack. But then, some kind
of remote would be useful. That's when I again thought of rockbox.

My idea is making a USB remote using:
* an Atmega8 + software USB2serial driver (serial seems to me to be easiest on
the PC-side)
* some buttons
* a Nokia 3310 (84x48 pixels IIRC) or HD44780 compliant LCD (20x4 characters)
* additional driver code in rockbox

As interface, the Rockbox uisimulator seemed good to me, especially since I
remembered from a few years ago that at some points it could play audio (which
is now confirmed :-P)

My question: where can I best put my LCD+buttons driver code? Should I define a
new target, or just "hack it in" somewhere in the simulator?

Kind regards,
Ronald