Al Le wrote:

But isn't it a minor issue compared to the pains of a user who wants to do a short press but always does a long one (because the fingers are not that quick)?

Is this actually a problem users have been complaining of somewhere?

Every player I've used has had enough resistance in the button that if you just press it and then relax your finger, it will unpress itself for you. Given that we give quite a decent amount of time until it's considered a long-press already, are there users experiencing real difficulty managing short presses of buttons?