On 17.06.2009 10:38, Paul Louden wrote:
Is this actually a problem users have been complaining of somewhere?

Every player I've used has had enough resistance in the button that if you just press it and then relax your finger, it will unpress itself for you. Given that we give quite a decent amount of time until it's considered a long-press already, are there users experiencing real difficulty managing short presses of buttons?

I know at least two. They didn't complain on the forums because they don't know there is such thing. You describe it correctly: "you just press it and then relax your finger." The point is that between these two events (press and relax) different people (unconciously) make a pause. It's hard to measure but it may be enough to make a long press out of an intended short one.