> 1) it means alot of work, there are IIRC 800+ splashes in the code
> atm, every one will need to be fixed to make sure they work as
> expected (the very least each will need is to add a "action = " before
> every splash call

The splash() simply leaves the button in the queue and returns so the
calling code should not need any changes.

> 2) I would think it would lead to more confusion if you are looking at
> the screen... especially if you go into a splash loop (which would be
> trivial to do... just keep pressing SELECT...)

Try it (first attempt at a patch is now on FS#10322). I don't find it
confusing at all - it actually removes any timing dependency and brings the
same model to the visual UI and voice UI.

> 3) the splash could be called in any screen which means the screen's
> action context needs to be passed in...

Why?

pondlife