On 3/26/2010 15:57, Paul Louden wrote:
On 3/26/2010 2:53 PM, Jeff Goode wrote:
I often listen to audiobooks and the like that benefit from being sped up. It would be nice for the DAP to not "forget" that I sped up playback when I turn it off. I'm probably in the minority though.

Jeff

Perhaps a sort of hybrid solution - rather than making the setting wholly persistent for pitch/speed, store it in bookmarks and the resume marker? If you resume playback without playing something else, it resumes sped up, and if you load a bookmark as well.

It's unlikely that you'll ever want to resume playback at normal speed of something you were listening to sped up when you stopped, meanwhile it would prevent the behaviour from changing anywhere else.

Looks like someone already worked on the bookmark idea at FS#11045. That might be worth considering if it can be modified to not break backward compatibility.