Alex Parker <parker.ale...@gmail.com> writes:

> No feature should rely on forcing certain types of files to be in
> certain directories.  Rockbox lets you organise your files as you
> want, and I am very very against anything that forces a certain
> pattern on me.

I fully agree.  The freedom we give users for organizing their files is
precisely why my patch lets you configure at fine granularity which
files it should regard as resumable.

> I agree with Paul, everything should default to off unless enabled.
> What various OFs do doesn't really matter.  If people want to turn it
> on, they can.  Whether it is a short or long file, music or audiobook
> is irrelevant.

I agree that autoresume should default to off.  However, the open
question is which subfeatures of my patch should be enabled by default
once autoresume has been enabled globally.

Here's what I think you guys would prefer:

* Enable automatic resume?
  -- No

(The following options are only used when automatic resume has been
enabled:)

* Restrict which tracks can be resumed (by directory or genre tag)?
  -- No, enable for all tracks

* Resume on automatic track change?
  -- Never  (other options would be: yes, all resumable tracks; or, a
     minimal track length for the next track at which the resume feature
     kicks in)

* Prevent skip back to track intro?
  -- Never  (other options would be: only for resumable tracks; or,
     always)

Note: the last config option is currently named "Allow skip back to
intro" (with suitably inverted naming of the options, of course).  Any
preferences, or suggestions for an even better naming?

> These are just details to work out, the feature itself is nice :)

Thanks for your comments, Alex! :)

sideral