On 22.12.2010 02:47, Mike Giacomelli wrote:
As I've said a few times, we should take a step back and try to come to
a consensus of what should be addressed ignoring what this patch does or
does not address, then hold this patch up against that and see if it
fits within that scope.

Are you actually interested in implementing this consensus though?  I don't see
much interested in actually working on this patch.  JdGordon and I were the
only ones even willing to review it.  Talk is great, but interest is better and
that seems definitely lacking here.

I'm not really seeing that it's Paul's duty or responsibility to to implement anything. sideral is seeking for its inclusion, not Paul. sideral should be refining the patch until we're happy enough with the consensus, shouldn't he?

I looked at the patch a bit, but there's little point in reviewing the code changes if I'm not entirely confident with what the patch implements. And I'm not entirely confident because I see a vast discrepancy between what the patch essentially offers as new features and the degree and complexity of configuration it adds.

Best regards.