On 22.12.2010 10:37, sideral wrote:
Second, even if the current playback position would be preserved, there
is no simple way to return to it.  You'd have to skip away from the
track, then play it again.  Stopping the track and then resuming
playback wouldn't work because the Resume Playback function would use
the current playlist's resume point near track start, which takes
precedence in this case; I'd argue that anything else would be very
confusing.

Well, you don't rewind to 0:00 because you plan to go back to where you were. You do it because you either want to go to the previous song in the playlist or to listen the current song from the beginning.

Or is this wildly skipping between resume points another use case we need to handle?

Best regards.