On 3 July 2011 16:35, Francisco Vila <paconet....@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello. This is a test patch from a translator. It just adds a line to
> anotherfile.txt in the sandbox.git repository.  If anybody with push
> access could apply it for me, that would complete the dummy
> translation process.
>
> I have some experience on git from my work at the lilypond.org project
> as the translation meister. If you find it useful, I could word some
> notes on how to make sporadical contributors to submit git patches
> from a read-only clone. The idea is to let authorized developers
> follow the approval process and eventually apply the patch with 'git
> am <patchfile>' provided the patch is crafted with
>
>  git commit ; git format-patch HEAD^
>
> patch attached.

This would probably be useful once we have some git instructions, but
ideally translators would not be using a read-only clone, and would
instead upload their patch to gerrit as a proposed change. Other than
the need to set up an ssh key once it's not any more steps than
producing a patch (just replace git format-patch with git push origin
refs/for/master).

--
Torne Wuff
to...@wolfpuppy.org.uk