>I am facing it currently as I need two machines running in sync with each

 >other as failover (my situation is similar to what harryc described in the

 >twin towers discussion last year). A Master slave situation would be fine,
as

 This is one of the many reasons I am gradually moving everything into the
database.  We're very close to achieving that objective.

 Once everything is in the database, replicating the database will replicate
the entire Citadel environment.  Even at the current stage, you'll get
everything
except for file libraries (which will probably never go into the db, but few
sites even use that function), a couple of system messages, and the server's
SSL keys.  I replicate my site using a "snap-and-ship" method, with btrfs
snapshots followed by rsync, but in the future we could experiment with Berkeley
DB's own replication functions.  My understanding is that
they provide the data source and sink, and you have to provide the transport.
 Perhaps we would invoke citserver with a command-line option that tells it
"don't be a Citadel server today; just connect to the master and replicate."