Thanks again mr IG.
Mm... wouldn't I actually have a more or less "complete" development environment in the server already, thanks to Easy Install itself?
AFAIU, only differences would be, I'm using git clone instead of the tar-ed files, and the git-cloned sources ship more individual components (webcit-ng itself being one), which are also "latest/unstable" of course

Thing apart, it seems you got busy again these last weeks.
I'm still heavily interested in webcit-ng progress (and eventual release?) but, unlike the XMPP case, I'm more of lost regarding where to start... And it would seem like you're certainly the one most knowledgeable in having webcit-ng the correct way in the end...
By chance, do you think one could do stuff to benefit webcit-ng development? Or aside keep attempting to build it from source by trial-and-error, I better just wait?

Thanks again.
I hope I don't sound a bit cocky...