I'm going to have to buy another 240gb SD to make a "gold backup" of my production machine, so that I can start using the second one as a test box. I'll order one, and once I get it, and make a mirror of the production server - I'll start testing this.

Thu Jan 07 2021 14:57:11 EST from IGnatius T Foobar Subject: TESTERS FOR CITADEL APPIMAGE NEEDED!

The new AppImage for Citadel is functionally complete. WE NEED TESTERS!

Obviously, don't try this on a production system. I would like as many people as possible to test this image, to see if the promise of a universal single-file binary distribution has been met. Right now it only runs on 64-bit Intel/AMD.
Please try any version of any distribution that has been released in, say, the last five years or so.

Here's how to do it:

1. Download https://easyinstall.citadel.org/Citadel-x86_64.AppImage and make it executable
2. mkdir /usr/local/citadel
3. Run the binary
4. Connect to your server with HTTP or HTTPS and login as "admin" with password "citadel"

Let me know how it works, or if it doesn't work, and what Linux distribution and version you used.

Again, this is *functionally* complete; it is not ready for distribution.
I just want to make sure it generally works. It still needs things like key management, systemd integration, and maybe building in some of the external tools like ctdlmigrate, database_cleanup, etc.

My goal is for this to replace Easy Install for the majority of entry-level Citadel operators. Amazingly, the whole thing weighs in at only 9.4 MB. And as I mentioned earler, there will be an ARM version too, for all those Pi users.