I have been doing some investigation on theming. I have been looking
into comctl32.
One of the issues is that windows version 5 of the control has not
theming and uses SxS so that applications that use version 6 will get
themed controls.
Currently comctl only has one version and applies theming regardless
of the version the application requests.
I have spoken on the Wine mailing list and the only person that
replied did not want to use SxS. I assume to make it easier to
maintain(though i don't understand why common parts cant share the
same files and build 2 dlls). I was wondering what React OS developers
think is the best choice.

The second issue is that if comctl32 version 6 is loaded in windows it
takes control of components that are usually in user32. Someone said
this was called ( window class redirection). I can't really find any
information on it. Though isn't this just registering the class except
from comctl32? or does this cause a race condition(with the last one
one loaded taking control)? is this is how "window class redirection"
is different?

Also the last thing is. Should sub classing be used? You should be
able to load another window proc method even from user32 and call it
when it is suitable from new control. I would imagine this could cause
issues when the default procedure can't handle something as the new
control would.

Any advise would be much appreciated.