Hi!,

my name is Pedro, and i'm a 5th grade student of computer science in
Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona ( Spain ).
I'd like to apply in this gsoc, i've always wanted to be part of an open-source
project, i think it can be a really profitable and exciting experience to share
ideas and discuss them with other motivated coders.

Now as i'm finishing my last year i've found myself  attracted by low-level
questions. I've been aware of ReactOS for some time now -  couple of years ago
I downloaded the code and submitted a patch for the build system - actually,
very silly patch :).

About the projects proposed, some of them seem a bit heavy for me. At first the
ACPI Hal cought my attention, since i'm doing my final year project en the
energy-performance tradeoff in multi-cores, but it seems very daunting, i have
no experience in kernel development nor drivers. Although is in Java where i'm
really experienced, I'm confident with c and c++, and i'm very interested in
COM, I've done some of it in DirectX and i really enjoyed that, so i thought
the MMC Console seems more affordable.

Anyway, i'd like to get some advice, if that's possible, about where i could
direct myself, which project my profile may fit better or which has greater
priority, and what can i do to start getting in contact to the project and make
a better apply proposal.

I hope this would be a beginning of a great and profitable experience for me
and the community :)