Hi Matthias,

Thanks for registering us right away. For your information, we have already participated last year, but obviously didn't win anything.

We actually have enough servers/VMs for non-resource-intensive tasks (Buildmasters, DNS, File and Web servers, etc.), but could always need dedicated build machines. Actually, it's just due to the generosity of Olaf that we even have all these new Buildslaves, which run on his private build machine (including Patchbot). Still, as all of them are on the same machine, we cannot run them concurrently, so a new build server could solve this problem easily. If there are major benefits in building under Windows, the potential new server could even become our first server with a Windows host OS.

As far as I know, Jaix still offers to host more ReactOS servers in the data center of his company. They would run in a private LAN using the same public IP as Fezile then, but this shouldn't be a problem for build servers.

Probably Mingw-w64 should also participate in this program (as an individual project this year), so I'm CC'ing this to Kai. I also believe they have build server needs and as they already got a VM on one of our servers, they might offer to share the build server if they win any and we don't :-)

Cheers,

Colin
who is back

Matthias Kupfer <mkup...@reactos.org> wrote:
HI folks,

the German company Thomas Krenn AG (Server Hardware) announced on LinuxTag an
open source support programme for open source projectes, that register during
LinuxTag. So I've use this chance and made the first step and registered
ReactOS. Now we need some arguments what kind of hardware do we need and why
resp. for what purpose. Devs please take a look at thomas-krenn.com and
select a usefull set of hardware and describe what is usefull for. I think we
should define specific tasks, not "upgrade exisiting hardware", but e.g. "New
continuous integration server". Please send the description and the ID of the
basket to me. The prices are:
1st: hardware for 2500 € (excluding VAT)
2nd: hardware for 1500 € (excluding VAT)
3rd: hardware for 1000 € (excluding VAT)
4th: hardware for 800 € (excluding VAT)
5th: hardware for 700 € (excluding VAT)

They told me at the booth the chances increase with the detailed description
of the intended use of the selected hardware (maybe combined with neediness).

Best regards

Matthias