They might hate everything except GNU GPL, but they do acknowledge when
other license meets their criteria (read, the four freedoms) for free
software. To prove I'm not making this up, you can check their own site and
see for yourself how while they discourage it's use because it is not
copyleft, acknowledge BSD licenses are free. Also, they have lawyers who
can interpret the licenses in legal terms, regardless of liking it.